3/22/06

Just Because.....

Have you ever been given the most perfect gift for no reason at all??? I was the recipient of such a treasure today.

I was at Mom's house today picking up some platters for a soiree chez moi tomorrow and out of the blue she hands me a package. I ripped into it and tears welled up in my eyes with joy as I pulled out.....

You guessed it! Damon Lee Fowler's Classical Southern Cooking.

Ah! The joy. The surprise. And it's not even my birthday. I'm still skipping around like my children on Christmas morning.

Thank goodness Mom reads my blog. And, that I shamelessly begged for the cookbook a couple of posts ago.

Thank you, Mom. If I ever write a cookbook it'll be for and because of you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm happy because I made you so happy! Isn't that what's it's all about? Can't wait to look at THE book and hopefully get to indulge in your first selection of a recipe.Yummmmmm.