3/21/06

SWEET SURRENDER

For the record I went AWOL on some far fetched attempt to try the Fat Flush Regime. Who was I kidding??? I'm sure it's a great alternative for countless folks attempting to not only lose weight, but more importantly dramatically improve their health. Let's just say I failed. After one week, I felt fine. But after two weeks without caffeine (decaf is taboo too), carbonation, wine, dairy, wheat or any kind of fat other than 2 T of flaxseed oil, I was feeling well...bored. And a little pissy too.

Have no fear. I'm back in the saddle again. And with a vengeance. To celebrate my epiphany tonight I dressed the table with a sensuous fare from my Barefoot Contessa. Subconsciously, I must have been planning this meal for several days. I happened upon a Chefography Show on Lifestyle featuring Ina Garten. I knew most of her success story from reading her cookbooks cover to cover and watching her FoodTV show. But, this show was all I needed to pull my head out of the salt-free sand I've been buried in.

It doesn't get much better than the Parisian inspired meal I made this evening. Allow me to elaborate....

Filet of Beef au Poivre
Herbed New Potatoes
Baby Mixed Greens tossed with blue cheese, sliced roasted almonds and Jamie's Dijon Vinaigrette
Paired with a hearty Cabernet Sauvignon

Simple.
Elegant.
Decadent.
All on a Tuesday night.

No gut(s), no glory. Literally.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jamie told me about your blog today...and as she was talking I thought, "I wonder if she likes Ina Garten?". I like her "Family Style" book. I saw the show, too. Met you at Jamie's bday party. Your blog is great. I Love to cook, but as Jamie said, you put me to shame!
Lida Payne