12/4/07

Chicken Pasta Something or Other

Every once in a while I make something that everyone at The Schell Cafe really likes.  I don't mean the meals that are tolerated with rolled eyes or the obligatory 'thank you bite'.  I mean a meal that produces a clamor for seconds! I can always count on my homemade guacamole and chicken quesadillas to please the crowd.  Spaghetti, meat-loaf and grilled panini sandwiches are appreciated too.

But my most frequently used fall back meal doesn't even have a name.  Or a recipe.  One night I just tossed everything together and miraculously it worked! So at least twice a month, occasionally more, I make this chicken pasta something or other.

My concoction make a lot of pasta so I serve it for dinner one night and pack it in school lunches for at least two days.  No one complains and I have more time to think about all the other dishes I would rather cook.  You know, the meals everyone rolls their eyes at!

Chicken Pasta Something Or Other

1 lb. whole wheat pasta (I like shells or farfalle)
1/2 (mas y menos) package of frozen petit peas
1/3 cup toasted pine nuts (I toss mine for 2 minutes over medium heat)
Fresh spinach (as much as I have) chopped
Roasted chicken (store bought rotisserie or left over roasted)
1 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
evoo to toss the hot pasta
s&p

There is no magic to the amounts I use with these ingredients.  I always have these items on hand so depending on how much is in the fridge is what goes in the pot!

P.S. I jinxed myself when I prematurely suggested that everyone in the family likes this meal.  The children like it.  Husband, not so much apparently.  Tant pis for me, huh?!?

No comments: